US Brand Name(s): Tykerb
Use of Lapatinib ditosylate in Cancer Treatment
Lapatinib ditosylate is for use in combination with other medications to treat:
- Breast cancer that has progressed or spread (spread to other parts of the body). It is paired with:
- Women with HER2 positive (HER2+) breast cancer who has already undergone treatment with an anthracycline, a taxane, and trastuzumab received capecitabine.
- Letrozole is for postmenopausal women who need hormone treatment and have HER2+ and hormone receptor-positive (HR+) breast cancer.
Lapatinib ditosylate is also under research for use in the treatment of various cancers.
Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
Lapatinib Ditosylate – MedlinePlus Information
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet also covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.