US Brand Name(s) of Epoetin alfa: Epogen, Procrit, Retacrit
Use in Cancer Treatment
Epoetin alfa is to treat the Myelosuppressive chemotherapy, which is used to treat some kinds of cancers, causes anaemia.
Detailed scientific definition- Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative side effects
Epoetin alfa drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are under research.