Brand name: Dacogen
Use in Cancer Treatment
Decitabine is to treat adults with the following conditions:
- Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia is one of the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) (CMML).
Decitabine is also under research for the treatment of various cancers and diseases.
Decitabine can also be in the form of a pill.
A cytidine antimetabolite analog with anti-cancer properties. Decitabine binds to DNA and inhibits DNA methyltransferase, causing hypomethylation of DNA and a stoppage of DNA replication in the S-phase.
Decitabine Facts on MedlinePlus
A summary of key information regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- Other drugs that might interact with it
- Possible negative effects
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.