Brand name: Aranesp
Use of Darbepoetin Alfa in Cancer Treatment
Darbepoetin alfa has an authorization to treat the following conditions:
Myelosuppressive chemotherapy, which treats some kinds of cancers, causes anemia.
Darbepoetin Definition from the National Cancer Institute Medication Dictionary – Includes a detailed scientific definition as well as alternative names for this drug.
Darbepoetin Alfa – MedlinePlus Information –
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What are its uses for and how to use it
- What you should tell your doctor before taking it
- Things you should know about it before using it
- Other drugs that may interact with it
- Potential negative effects
Experts are frequently investigating drugs to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those for which have an authorization. This patient information leaflet covers only the authorized uses of the medication. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are being investigated.