US Brand Name(s): Yonsa, Zytiga
Use of Abiraterone acetate in Cancer Treatment
- Abiraterone acetate is for use with prednisone to treat the following conditions:
- Prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body (spread to other parts of the body).
- When a patient’s illness proves resistant to castration (has not responded to treatments that lower testosterone levels). The Zytiga brand name of abiraterone acetate has been approved for this purpose.
- In individuals with castration-resistant illness, methylprednisolone is used. The Yonsa brand of abiraterone acetate is for this purpose.
When a patient’s condition is high-risk and castration is necessary (has responded to treatments that lower testosterone levels). The Zytiga brand name of abiraterone aceta is for this purpose.
Detailed scientific definition – Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary
A summary of key facts regarding this medication in layman’s terms, which may contain the following:
- Cautions about this medicine
- What is the use and how?
- Whom should you consult before taking it?
- What you should know about it before using it?
- additional medications that might interact with this one, and
- adverse consequences that might occur
Drugs are frequently under research to see whether they can assist treat or prevent conditions other than those already prevalent. This patient information leaflet covers uses which have been under authorization. Much of the material, though, might also apply to authorized uses that are under research.