It is critical to communicate with your health care team regularly to make informed decisions regarding your health care. So, ask questions about Bile Duct Cancer and clarify your doubts.
Questions to Ponder After a Bile Duct Cancer Diagnosis
- Is it possible that I have bile duct cancer? What is its location?
- Could you please clarify my pathology report (lab test results)?
- What stage of cancer am I in? What exactly does this imply?
- What is the prognosis for me?
Questions to consider while selecting a Bile Duct Cancer treatment and dealing with adverse effects
- What therapy choices do I have?
- What clinical studies are there for me to participate in? What is their location, and how can I learn more about them?
- What Bile Duct Cancer treatment plan would you suggest? Why?
- What are the objectives of each treatment? Is it to cure cancer, improve my health, or both?
- What are the potential short-term and long-term adverse effects of this Bile Duct Cancer treatment?
- Who will be on my healthcare team, and what will each person’s role be?
- Who will be in charge of my overall care?
- What impact will this treatment have on my day-to-day life? Will I work, exercise, and go about my daily routine?
- Is it possible that this Bile Duct Cancer treatment will impact my sexual life? If yes, how will you do it and for how long?
- Is it possible that this treatment will impact my capacity to conceive or have children? Should I consult a reproductive doctor before starting cancer treatment if that’s the case?
- How can I stay as healthy as possible while undergoing treatment?
- Who can assist me if I am concerned about managing cancer treatment costs?
- What kind of support services do I have access to? Is it to my family?
- Who should I contact if I have any queries or problems?
Inquiries to Make Before Having Surgery
- What kind of operation am I going to have? Are lymph nodes going to be removed?
- How long will the procedure last?
- How long do you think I’ll be in the hospital?
- Can you give me an idea of how long it will take me to recuperate following surgery for Bile Duct Cancer?
- Who should I contact if I have any adverse side effects? How soon do you think it will be?
- What are the long-term consequences of this procedure?
Questions to Ponder When Receiving Radiation Therapy for Bile Duct Cancer
- What kind of radiation treatment is suggested?
- What is the treatment’s purpose?
- How long will this Bile Duct Cancer treatment take to administer?
- What are the possible side effects of this treatment?
- Who should I contact if I have any adverse side effects? And when is it going to happen?
- What are the long-term consequences of receiving this treatment?
- Is there anything that can be done to alleviate the adverse effects?
- What additional tests will I require, and how often will they be required?
- How can I obtain a treatment summary and a survivorship care plan for my records?
- Who will be in charge of my follow-up treatment for Bile Duct Cancer?
- What are support services available to me as a survivor? Is it to my family?