When someone is diagnosed with Cancer, the first thing that comes to his mind is where to start the treatment. What are the treatment options available? Which is the best treatment to go for? And so on. Millions of individuals worldwide are affected by this terrible disease of Cancer.
Traditional Method and Alternative Method
Some traditional approaches to control this disease are chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery, which can be used to cure the disease. But these treatments come with serious side effects and sometimes might not be appropriate for everyone. While people hesitate to use the conventional methods of curing, they look for Complementary and Alternative Methods, which may not directly help in curing the disease but help in coping with the symptoms, which include stress, exhaustion, vomiting and nausea, pain, anxiety and sleeping difficulties.
The alternative practices can be used in an integrative approach using traditional treatment. The complementary and alternative practices combined with the traditional practice help address the patient’s psychological, physical, and spiritual requirements. It helps empower people to prevent Cancer and take an active role before, during, and after the treatment. It seeks to improve the individual’s health and well-being and improve quality of life across cancer care.
Alternative Cancer Treatment practices
Some of the standard practices under Alternative Treatments that have helped in reducing the side effects and symptoms of Cancer and improving the mental well-being of individuals are listed below;
The mind-body approach is a supplementary and alternative method that emphasizes how the mind and the body are interconnected and how they might cooperate to support treatment and overall well-being. This method acknowledges how the mind and body are intertwined and how ideas, emotions, and behaviours can impact one’s physical well-being.
It is possible to increase relaxation, lower stress levels, and enhance overall health by using mind-body practices. Mind-body exercises include visualization, yoga, tai chi, and meditation. These methods can help people feel less stressed, sleep better, have lower blood pressure, and experience less anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Nutritional and Dietary changes
Nutritional and dietary changes are used to preserve health and treat various medical issues in an individual. By this method of CAM, we encourage optimal healthy lifestyles and address the specific health concerns faced. Techniques like Naturopathy, detoxification, ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, macrobiotic diets, etc., help people move towards an effective nutritional path and improve their diet.
Some common foods and nutrients include flaxseeds, tomatoes, soy, garlic, green tea, grapes, cruciferous vegetables, etc. Nutritional and dietary changes help in proper digestion and nutritional requirements of the body to improve metabolism.
Herbal and Plant-based remedies
Herbs and plant-based remedies have been used for medicinal purposes for centuries and have the potential to treat Cancer. These remedies can be used in conjunction with the conventional treatment method to improve the effects and overcome the side effects of the conventional method. These herbal and plant-based remedies include Ayurveda, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce conventional practices’ side effects. Herbal and plant-based remedies include medical Cannabis, which helps patients relieve nausea, vomiting, sleep issues, anxiety, etc.
Some medicinal benefits can be extracted from Curcumin, which helps slow down cancer cell growth and prevents its spread. Ginger helps in cancer-related symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Reishi mushrooms and Milk Thistle have anti-cancer properties with their compound beta-glucans and silymarin. Green tea extract and grape extract help prevent cancer cell growth. These herbal and plant-based remedies have shown their effectiveness in helping cure and prevent Cancer.
Energy therapy is an alternative method for cancer treatment that focuses on the body’s energy, promoting self-healing and improving overall well-being. Energy therapy includes acupuncture, which reduces nausea and vomiting, reduces pain and improves sleep. Reiki helps reduce anxiety and helps with the general health conditions of the individual. Therapeutic touch promotes healing and reduces pain and anxiety in cancer patients.
Energy therapy helps to restore the balance of cancer patients and promotes healing by improving the energy flow throughout the body.
Manipulative and body-based methods
This involves physical manipulation of the body to promote self-healing and improve health. Therapies promote relaxation, reduce stress and help relieve pain. Chiropractic therapy improves the mobility of the patients and helps the spine strength. Osteopathy therapy improves the musculoskeletal system to promote healing.
These manipulative body-based therapies improve the body’s functioning and help reduce pain, promote relaxation, etc.
Potential Benefits and Risks of the Alternative Cancer Treatment
Alternative cancer treatment methods like Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine have loads of benefits to offer to cancer patients, but it is crucial to consider the risks involved, too.
- Alternative cancer treatment offers a holistic approach focusing on overall health and wellness instead of focusing just on surpassing the growth of cells
- The alternative treatment offers relief from symptoms and reduces the side effects of the conventional method.
- It helps control stress and anxiety arising from cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- The Alternative practices offer anti-cancer quality, inhibiting cancer cell growth and spread.
- Alternative cancer treatments have very little research on their safety and efficacy and may not be supported by clinical or scientific evidence.
- Under some circumstances, the alternative techniques interact with the conventional method, which could adversely affect and reduce the effectiveness.
- Alternative methods may be expensive, and uninsured
- Qualified practitioners do not always administer alternative methods.
Alternative cancer treatments could potentially be beneficial, but they could also be dangerous. Before choosing any alternative cancer treatments, it’s crucial to speak with a trained healthcare practitioner or your medical supervisor and thoroughly consider the advantages and disadvantages. It’s also crucial to let your medical team know about any alternative therapies you’re using or thinking about so they can ensure the treatment is secure. It won’t conflict with standard cancer treatments.
Regulations and Standardization
Unlike conventional cancer treatment, alternative treatment lacks regulations and standardization, like quality issues, safety concerns and misinformation, which can interfere with the current conventional practice and might lead to side effects. Patients considering alternative cancer treatment should consult with a medical practitioner to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the treatment. The complementary and Alternative treatment practices, when used under clinical guidance, help fight cancer cells and prevent them from growing in the future. Policymakers and regulatory agencies should also address quality, safety and misinformation concerns to strengthen the system and treat patients effectively.
Common misconceptions and myths surrounding alternative cancer treatments
It is crucial to understand the facts before choosing a course of action during the cancer treatment process since there are many misconceptions and myths related to alternative cancer treatment and the conventional cancer treatment method.
- Alternative cancer treatments are considered to be always safe and effective, whereas conventional treatments are harmful with numerous side effects. Alternative treatment methods might sometimes be harmful and can intervene with the current conventional treatment practices, leading to adverse situations. The conventional methods have been proven effective in treating the disease, making it essential to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any alternative cancer treatment.
- Alternative treatments are natural and harmless: Not all natural substances are safe for human use; these natural chemicals might be poisonous and negatively affect the body. It is, therefore, essential to research the substances involved and consult a medical practitioner before using any alternative treatment.
- Alternative Cancer Treatment can help cure Cancer: No proven alternative practice can cure the disease. These alternative methods help manage the symptoms, reduce side effects and improve the patient’s quality of life. Alternative cancer treatment and conventional practices can help cure the disease and improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Doctors do not recommend alternative cancer treatment: Many medical professionals are open to an individual following alternative cancer treatment methods as a complementary therapy to the conventional method. They recommend patients follow alternative practices scientifically proven to be effective in recovery.
Importance of Holistic Approach to Fight Cancer
A holistic approach to fighting Cancer is increasingly recognized as it combines conventional treatment methods and complementary methods, improving patient well-being and lifestyle.
- It helps to address the individual’s emotional, physical and cognitive needs.
- Improves treatment outcomes by reducing side effects and overcoming pain, stress and anxiety.
- It improves the quality of life by focusing on emotional well-being through therapy, meditation, yoga, etc.
- It helps in empowering patients and encourages speedy recovery and treatment.
- It helps in the overall nurturing of the patients by all means, physical and emotional.
- A holistic approach towards fighting Cancer reduces the chances of disease recurrence. The Complementary and Alternative treatment method helps reduce the chances of cancer cell development, preventing it from recurring.
Support and Resources from our end
The cancer journey itself is long and complicated – we aspire to be a constant companion throughout this journey for any need and requirement to extend life and improve quality of life. ZenOnco.io brings a beacon of hope for cancer patients in India. As India’s first integrated oncology centre, we provide cancer patients with comprehensive and scientifically supported cancer care services. We aim to provide personalized medical assistance to address physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs. We believe the disease might shake us, but we won’t let it break us with our constant passion and determination.
ZenOnco aspires to inspire millions of people and offer a holistic approach to healing that can improve people’s well-being by eradicating cancer-associated stigma.
We help with :
- Medical Treatment :
Identifying which oncologist to meet, validating treatment opinions, getting high-quality, affordable diagnostic tests, searching for the best available hospitals (from least-cost to best-facility to most-optimal), helping patients take the treatment, post-treatment rehabilitation
- Anti-Cancer Diet :
We provide an anti-cancer diet to our patients since a balanced diet is crucial to an integrative treatment. Our Onco-Nutritionists help customize an anti-cancer diet that fits the patients’ likes and preferences and ensures they get all the nutrition requirements for their health and well-being.
- Anti-Cancer Supplements
Based on the medical conditions, medical history and type of Cancer, our experts craft the supplement that suits the needs of the patients and can give them the best dietary requirements of Vitamins, Minerals and other natural substances.
- Ayurveda Medicine :
We connect patients to our Ayurveda doctors, who recommend Ayurvedic treatment and even help assist the patients. Regular checkups and follow-ups are ensured, which can enhance the well-being of the people.
- Medical Cannabis:
Medical Cannabis is effective against cancer growth and spread, which can improve the efficiency of the treatment. It provides patients with the side effects of the conventional treatment, like nausea, vomiting, pain, anxiety and sleep issues.
- Cancer Wellness Program:
To strengthen individuals’ body, mind and spirit, we follow an integrative approach that will enhance the outcomes of the conventional treatment and improve mental well-being. The program focuses on treatments of mental healing through yoga, meditation, mind-body approach, etc.
- Community Support:
Through our ZenOnco.io Healing Circle Talks, we provide our patients, survivors and caregivers with a platform to share their experiences and help each other grow and heal through their journey. This community provides them peer support, comfort, hope, and healing inspiration. These Healing Circle Talks are conducted weekly, where all are welcome.
Experience the convenience and quality of purchasing products from zenonco.io, your trusted online destination for health and wellness solutions.
Click Here: https://zenonco.io/cancer/products/