Frequent conversations with the health team are essential to making informed decisions about your health care. These suggested questions are a starting point for learning more about your health care and treatment. We also encourage you to ask additional questions About Adrenal Gland tumors that are important to you.
Questions on Diagnosis
- What types of adrenal tumors do you have?
- Is the tumor cancerous?
- Is the tumor working or not working? What do you mean?
- Is the tumor only in the adrenal glands?
- Can you explain my pathology report (clinical test results)?
- At what stage is the adrenal tumor? What do you mean?
- Should I consult a genetic counsellor before starting treatment?
- Is my family at risk of developing adrenal tumors?
- Should you talk to a genetic counsellor?
Questions about treatment choices
- What are the treatments for adrenal gland tumor?
- Which clinical trials are available?
- Where are they, and how can I find out more about them?
- What treatment plan would you recommend? Why?
- What are the goals of all treatments?
- Is it to get rid of the tumor, to make you feel better, or both?
- What are the possible side effects of each treatment, both short-term and long-term?
- Who would be a part of my health team, and what will each member do?
- Who is in charge of my overall treatment?
- How does this treatment affect my daily life?
- Can I work, exercise, and do my usual activities?
- Can this treatment affect my ability to become pregnant or have children? Do I need to consult a fertility specialist before starting cancer treatment?
- Who can help me if I’m worried about medical expenses?
- Which support services are available to my family?
- Whom should I call when I am having a question or problem?
Operational questions about Adrenal Gland Tumor
- Do you need surgery for adrenal gland tumor?
- If so, what kind of surgery is it?
- Has the entire adrenal gland been removed?
- How much experience do surgeons have with this type of surgery?
- What would be the duration of the operation?
- How long will you be hospitalized?
- Can you explain what will happen to your recovery from this surgery? Whom should I contact if I experience if I go through any side effects? And how fast? What are the potential long-term effects of this surgery?
Questions Related to Chemotherapy for Adrenal Gland Tumor
- Which chemotherapy do you recommend?
- What is the purpose of this treatment? Can Chemotherapy control tumors?
- How is the treatment done? IV or oral?
- How often do you get chemotherapy? For how long?
- Do you get chemotherapy at a hospital or clinic? Or do you take it home? What side are effects expected during treatment?
- Whom should I contact in case I experience any side effects? And how fast? What are the long-term effects during chemotherapy?
- What can be done to treat these side effects?
Questions about hormone remedy
- Is hormone therapy recommended as part of my treatment plan?
- Which hormone is overproduced by the tumor?
- When should I start hormone therapy? For how long?
- How is the treatment done?
- What side effects can you expect from hormone therapy?
- Whom should I contact if I experience any side effects? And how fast? What are the possible long-term effects of this hormone therapy?
Questions about radiation therapy for Adrenal Gland Tumor
- Is radiation therapy an option to treat tumors?
- Which radiation therapy do you recommend?
- What are the goals of radiation therapy?
- How many treatments do you need, and how long is each treatment? What are the expected side effects during treatment?
- Whom should I contact if I experience any side effects? And how fast? What are the possible long-term effects of radiation therapy? What can we do to prevent or treat these side effects?
Questions about follow-up care planning
- How likely is the tumor to recur?
- Do I need to be aware of specific signs or symptoms?
- Do you need hormone replacement therapy? For how long?
- What long-term side effects or long-term effects can result from treatment?
- Which follow-up test do you need? And how often do you need these tests?
- How do I get a treatment summary and survivor benefit plan that can record in an individual?
- Who will lead my aftercare?
- What are survivor support services available to my family?