About Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia:
- Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia is a senior consultant at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad, with more than 20 years of experience. He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP.
- He is heading the EUS division of Endoscopy at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (AIG) where more than 3500 procedures are performed annually, including critical interventions like EUS guided drainage, EUS guided pancreatic tumour ablation etc.
- He has numerous original publications in international & national indexed journals, along with book chapters in international & national books. He is a peer reviewer and editorial board member in many reputed international and national journals. He is an invited expert for live demonstrations & lectures for major international and national endoscopic, EUS & ERCP conferences.
- He is the secretary of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India from 2018-21. He is a fellow of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). He is visiting professor to University of Mandalay, Myanmar.
- MBBS - Delhi University, 1989
- MD - Medicine - POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH, 1994
- DM - Gastroenterology - Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate College Lucknow, 1999
- Director - Endoscopy & EUS - AIG Hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
- The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
Areas of interest:
- He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP.
Papers & presentations:
- “Young Investigator Award” at Asia Pacific Digestive Week at the Philippines in 2006.
- Awarded the MNAMS in 2010.
- Awarded the Fellowship of American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in 2014.
- Awarded Government of India Merit scholarship 1979-84.
Awards & recognition:
- Virtual MR Pancreatoscopy in the Evaluation of the Pancreatic Duct in Chronic Pancreatitis. Rakesh Kalapala, Lingareddy Sunitha, Reddy D Nageshwar, Guduru V Rao, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Manu Tandan, Vijay B Nori. Journal of Pancreas. 2008; 9 (2): 220-5
- Large choledochocele presenting with intusussception. Sandeep Lakhtakia, Rajesh Gupta, MA Mateen, Sunitha Lingareddy,GV Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy. GI Endoscopy 2008 (accepted for publication)
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided biliary stent placement using Soehendra stent retriever. Sandeep Lakhtakia, Rajesh Gupta, Mohan Ramchandani, D Santosh, G V Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy. Techniques; Indian J Gastroenterol; 2007; 26; 178-79
- A randomized controlled trial on use of propofol alone versus propofol with midazolam, ketamine, and Pentazocine ‘sedato-analgesic cocktail’ for sedation during ERCP. WC Ong, D Santosh, S Lakhtakia, D Nageshwar Reddy. Endoscopy, Sept 2007
- Safety and efficacy of the M2A patency capsule for diagnosis of critical intestinal patency: Results of a prospective clinical trial. Rupa Banerjee ,Prem Bhargav ,Praveen Reddy ,Rajesh Gupta ,Sandeep Lakhtakia, Manu Tandan ,Venkat GV Rao and Nageshwar D Reddy. J Gastroenterology and Hepatology, July 2007, 1440-1746
- Role of magnification Endoscopy in the diagnosis and evaluation of suspected celiac disease: Correlation with histology. Banerjee Rupa, Shekharan Anuradha, Ramji C, Puli Srinivas R, Kalapala Rakesh, Ramachandani Mohan, Gupta Rajesh, Lakhtakia Sandeep, Tandan Manu, Rao GV, Reddy D Nageshwar. Indian J Gastroenterol; 2007; vol 26; 67-69
- Dorsal agenesis of pancreas: CT and ERCP. Sunita Lingareddy, Nageshwar Reddy Duvvuru, Venkat Rao Guduru, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Rakesh Kalapala Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Volume 65, Issue 1, January 2007, Pages 157-158
- Y stent placement in Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma.. Mohan Ramchandani, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Rajesh Gupta, GV Rao, DN Reddy. Endoscopy, 2007, Feb, UCTN section
- Capsule Endoscopic features of Intestinal Lymphangiectasia. Gupta, Rajesh; Lakhtakia Sandeep; Tandan, Manu; Benarjee, Rupa, Rao Guduru Venkat, Anuradha Sekaran, Ramji Cheemalakonda, Reddy Duvvuru Bhaskar, Reddy
- Duvvuru Nageshwar. Digestive Endoscopy, Volume 18, Number 2, April 2006, 141- 143(3)
- Efficacy of low dose peg-interferon alpha-2b with ribavirin on chronic hepatitis C. Gupta R, Ramakrishna C, Lakhtakia S, Tandan M, Banerjee R, Reddy D. World J Gastroenterol 2006 September;12 (34):5554-5556
- Capsule Endoscopy in obscure gastro-intestinal bleeding – an Indian experience. Rajesh Gupta, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Manu Tandan, Rupa Banerjee, Mohan Ramchandani, S Anuradha, C Ramji, GV Rao, R Pradeep, D Reddy .Indian J Gastroenterol; 2006; vol 25;188-90
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of biliary tract presenting as recurrent GI bleed. Anradha Sekaran, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Rebala Pradeep, D Santosh, Rajesh Gupta, Manu Tandan, Duvvuru Bhaskara Reddy, Guduru Venkat Rao, Duvvuru Nageshwar Reddy. GI Endoscopy, June 2006
- Mirizzi’s syndrome – EUS appearance. S Lakhtakia, R Gupta, M Tandan, GV Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy. GI Endoscopy Feb 2006
- Safety of therapeutic ERCP in pregnancy- an Indian experience. R Gupta, S Lakhtakia, D Santosh, M Tandan, GV Rao, D N Reddy. Indian J Gastroenterology 2005, Vol 24 July –August 161-3
- Rome I criteria are more sensitive than Rome II for diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome in Indian patients. Rupa Banerjee, Ong Wai Choung, Rajesh Gupta, Manu Tandan, Sandeep Lakhtakia, GV Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2005 vol 24, July-August, 164-6
- Endoscopy assisted wireless intra-gastric pH measurement. Rupa Banerjee, Sandeep Lakhtakia, Manu Tandan, GV Rao, D Nageshwar Reddy. UCTN Endoscopy 2005; 37:922
- Acute pancreatitis following kidney transplantation: Role of viral infection. Sinha S, Jha R, Lakhtakia S, Narayana G. Clinical Transplantation 17 (1), 32–36, 2003
- Comparison of Shanvac B and Engerix B in sero-conversion in ESRD patients. R Jha, S Lakhtakia, G Narayana, K Hemalatha. Indian Journal of Nephrology 2002
- GM-CSF Induced sero-protection in End stage renal failure patients to Hepatitis B in Vaccine non-responders. R Jha, S Lakhtakia, MA Jaleel, G Narayana, K Hemalatha. Renal Failure 2001; 23 (5): 629-36
- Combination therapy with interferon and ribavirin in naïve patients with Chronic hepatiis C in India: role of genotype and stage of liver disease. G. Choudhuri, Anshu Srivastava, Sundeep Lakhtakia, Kamal Chetri, Sameer Mohindra, T.S. Negi, S.R. Naik, Vijay Sharma. Am J Gastro Sept 2000; 95 (9): 2508
- Tissue concentration of Secnidazole – A clinical study. G Choudhuri, S Lakhtakia, K Pagaonkar, ML Dave, BS Nair, S Thatle. The Indian Practitioner January 1999 Vol 52 No.1
- Falciparum Malaria with acute liver failure. A Srivastava, A Khanduri, S
- Lakhtakia, R Pandey, G Choudhuri. Trop Gastroenterology 1996; 17: 172-74
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia's educational qualifications include MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Gastroenterology, FASGE. Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia is a member of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI)
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG). Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia's areas of interest include He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP..
Where does Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia practice?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia practices at AIG Hospital, Hyderabad
Why do patients visit Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia?
Patients frequently visit Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia for He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP..
What is Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia's rating?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia is a highly rated Gastroenterologist with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia's education qualification?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia has the following qualifications: MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Gastroenterology, FASGE
What does Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia specialize in?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia specializes as a Gastroenterologist with special interest in He has a special interest in clinical gastroenterology, advanced endoscopic interventions, especially Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & ERCP..
How many years of experience does Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia have?
Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia has an overall experience of 21 years as a Gastroenterologist.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia?
You can book an appointment with Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.