About Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam:
- Dr Vaithiswaran is an eminent Surgical Oncologist specialising in Gastrointestinal and HPB cancers. His area of expertise is in Minimally Invasive management of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, the liver and the pancreas. He received his medical and surgical training from distinguished institutions in the country such as JIPMER and AIIMS. He has a rich experience of over 12 years in the field of Surgical Oncology.
- MBBS from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 1998 ,
- MS in General Surgery from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 2003 ,M
- Member of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (MRCS) from Glasgow, UK in 2006 ,
- Senior Residency in Surgical Oncology- AIIMS, New Delhi 2004 to 2008
- Senior Consultant and Head MIS and GI surgery at Global Health City, Chennai (2013 - 2019) Consultant GI Oncology and Upper GI surgery at GEM Hospital, Coimbatore (2009 - 2013) Senior Resident, Dept of surgical oncology, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AIIMS, New Delhi (2005 - 2008)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES)
Areas of interest:
- Esophageal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Liver Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Stomach Cancer.
- Saravanan, Manickam & M, Chandramohan & Velayoudam, Vaithiswaran & Meenakshi, Lakshman & Harikrishnan, Sakthivel. (2019). Giant Mucocele of the Remnant Esophagus: Case Report of a Rare Complication Following a Bipolar Esophageal Exclusion Procedure. Cureus. 11.https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.63177
Papers & presentations:
- Certificate of honour in Biochemistry, Preventive & Social Medicine, Microbiology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics
Awards & recognition:
- Presented over 15 papers at International conferences.
- Invited faculty in many National and International conferences.
Frequently asked questions:
Who is Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam's educational qualifications include MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MRCS, FAIS, FMAS. Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam is a member of Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES). Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam's areas of interest include Esophageal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Liver Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Stomach Cancer..
Where does Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam practice?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam practices at Apollo Proton, Chennai
Why do patients visit Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam?
Patients frequently visit Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam for Esophageal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Liver Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Stomach Cancer..
What is Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam's rating?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam is a highly rated General Surgeon with positive feedback from most patients treated.
What is Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam's education qualification?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam has the following qualifications: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MRCS, FAIS, FMAS
What does Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam specialize in?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam specializes as a General Surgeon with special interest in Esophageal Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, Liver Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Stomach Cancer..
How many years of experience does Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam have?
Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam has an overall experience of 12 years as a General Surgeon.
How can I book an appointment with Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam?
You can book an appointment with Dr Vaithiswaran Velayoudam by clicking <>. We shall shortly confirm your booking upon receiving your request.