Funds for Cancer Treatment in India
1) Funds for cancer treatment from NGOs and Trusts
Funds for cancer treatment have been setup by individuals – Nargis Dutt Memorial Trust and Yuvraj Singh Foundation are few of these.
There are some NGOs that raise funds for cancer treatment for the needy, below are a few you can contact.
- The Indian Cancer Society: Learn how to apply here
- The Cancer Patient Aid Association, learn more here
- The Cancer Care Trust. Learn more here
2) Funds for cancer treatment from the Government
Below is a list of government schemes that can help you fund your treatment:
- Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund: The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare offers the Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund (HMCPF) under Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi. This is available for patients living below the poverty line. Apply here
- The Health Minster’s Discretionary Grants: The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, offers up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to poor patients in cases where free medical facilities are not available at government hospitals. Only those having an annual family income up to Rs.1.25,000 and below are eligible for financial assistance of up to 70% of the total bill. Apply here
- National Health Protection Scheme: An Ayushman Bharat initiative, the National Health Protection Scheme provides coverage up to 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Learn more here.
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund: Originally intended for victims of natural disasters also provides partial coverage for heart surgeries, kidney transplantation, cancer treatment, and more such treatments. Learn more here.
- State Illness Assistance Fund: States/UTs (with Legislature) have set up Illness Assistance Fund that offers coverage up to Rs. 1 Lakh for cancer treatment at government hospitals within the state. While some states do not have this scheme, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Kerala, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Goa, Gujarat, Sikkim, Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Jharkhand, Haryana, Uttarakhand , Punjab and Uttar Pradesh and the NCT of Delhi and Puducherry support it. Apply here
- Chief Minister’s Relief Fund: Under this, states provide financial assistance to the poor for cancer treatment. You can find complete details of the financial assistance available in Karnataka here
Your next steps:
The best way to learn about how we can help you at ZenOnco.io
is to call a Patient Care Manager (PCM) at +91 99 30 70 90 00