What are warning signs of cancer? Anything persistently unusual about carrying out a daily routine, something that makes you feel uneasy in your body. According to a study done in November 2019, the typical cancer symptoms are basic.
People might not believe small signs to be a symptom of an underlying disease. Neck lumps, sudden pain, abnormal breathing and inability to do daily chores are some of the basic symptoms of different types of cancer.
Most of the time, the results may not show any presence of cancer cells in the body, but that doesn't mean that one is safe from any future attacks. It is normally advised by the best cancer hospitals to undergo a thorough check-up every five years.
Watch out for these Warning Signs of Cancer
The most important steps for identifying warning signs of cancer include acknowledging the importance of self-diagnosis, regular cancer screening check-ups, and changing unhealthy habits.
- Warning Signs of Breast Cancer: A survey on 69 women in a comprehensive Breast Cancer Treatment program at the main national cancer hospital in Ethiopia showed that almost all of the subjects in the study noticed a lump at some point and most participants also dismissed the lump, at first, as nothing to be concerned with. In fact, some participants ignored their lump for several years. In time, they noted more lumps or changes in symptoms (pain, itching).
- Warning Signs of Mouth Cancer: A study done in the USA in 2017 points to red/white lesions in the mouth as the more likely early sign of Oral Cancer.
- Cervical Cancer Symptoms: According to a cross-sectional survey of 581 women aged 2164 years, participants reported foul vaginal discharge (44%), vaginal bleeding (28.3%), pelvic or back Pain (14.9%), and Pain during coitus (14.6%).
- Colon Cancer Symptoms: Researchers from Switzerland report changes in bowel habits or bloody bowel movements, abdominal Pain as the alerting symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Symptoms:The most common is cough, followed by dyspnea, chest pain, hemoptysis, anorexia, weight loss, Fatigue.
- Ovarian Cancer Symptoms: The three highest known symptoms among women were as follows: extreme fatigue, back pain, and persistent Pain in the pelvic area, as reported in Jordan, 2018.
What can you do with the Warning Signs of Cancer?
The first thing you can do about the warning signs of cancer is to prevent them. Preventive care plays a stepping stone to a successful normal life without any health issues. This idea applies to every disease in general. How you can do this is by having check-ups with the cancer care provider at least twice a year to be sure of being safe and healthy. Money and efforts spent on keeping and making sure you are healthy are not waste.
Last but not least, how active you are affects your health and reduces the risk of many diseases, including cancer. Try doing Yoga if you can, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and take the long road on your way home. Such little efforts can help you achieve the health goals you never imagined. Make it a point to set targets and run them over; this can help achieve higher levels of fitness.
Earlier diagnosis increases the chances of cure.
Early detection of tumour cells assists in eradicating cancer quickly and saving the situation from getting worse with time. It serves to provide the Cancer Treatment in the best possible way. With so many advances in science, there are cancer hospitals in almost every country.
Being aware is freedom, but being ignorant is foolish and lethal. Researching warning signs of cancer may help you from undergoing rigorous treatments in the future.