Ginger and Garlic are considered to aid in Cancer Treatment and have prevention properties due to their antioxidant and antibacterial properties. This was proved after many studies done on them. Ginger and Garlic are known to reduce the risk of Breast Cancer symptoms, Prostate Cancer symptoms, pancreas cancer symptoms, and Ovarian Cancer symptoms. Garlic contains different components such as flavonoids, allicin, allyl sulfides. These components contribute to different types of mechanisms known to reduce the risk. Keep reading this article to find out how Ginger and Garlic play an important role in the preventive care of cancer.
Some facts on Ginger and garlic:
- Since ancient days, ginger, Garlic and onions have been a part of our recipes.
- Its natural antioxidant and antibacterial properties are known to prevent cancer
- Garlic is a part of the Allium family and is a vegetable
- Ginger has a very high nutritional value and has a therapeutic action.
Health Benefits of garlic:
- Garlic is one of the cancer-preventive care food
- It helps in lowering high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Garlic also helps in preventing Alzheimer's disease
- It is used as a detoxifying agent.
Health Benefits of ginger:
- Ginger reduces muscle Pain and soreness
- Helps in reducing blood sugar levels
- Helps to reduce indigestion
Cancer prevention/ Cancer treatment:
Ginger and Garlic cannot certainly cure all types of cancer, but it has been found that it has the ability to reduce the risk of cancer symptoms of the following:
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Anti-Cancer Compounds in Ginger and garlic:
Garlic is known to be antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and has natural antioxidants. It has properties that enhance genetic repair; it slows down the process of proliferation and prevents carcinogenic formation in the body, whereas Ginger is known to be a thousand times more powerful than Chemotherapy. According to the diet and metabolic counseling for cancer, Ginger and Garlic are known as natural cancer-fighters and have antioxidant properties. Doctors from the best cancer hospitals prescribe the usage of Ginger and Garlic to reduce cancer spreading in your body. It also aids in the recurrence of preventive care.
The compounds that fight cancer are:
- Flavonoids These antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds fight cancer-producing cells.
- Selenium and allyl sulfides These are plant cells that contain anti-mutagens that are used for cancer prevention as they stimulate damage repair for DNA.
- Allicin This is a very powerful compound found in plants. This compound is known to be antifungal and antibiotic.
- 6-gingerol and 6-shogaol These are the active compounds found in Ginger that exhibit anti-cancer properties. These compounds aid in the death of cancer cells against the gastrointestinal tract.
Garlic helps in Cancer Treatment in the following ways:
- Cell cycle arrest Cell cycle arrest is caused by Garlic in different phases such as the G0/G1 phase, G2/M phase. Chemotherapy drugs are also known to cause cell cycle arrest at different points.
- Decreased angiogenesis Angiogenesis is a biological process that promotes the growth of blood vessels that helps tumors in their growth. Cancer tumors cannot grow beyond a few millimeters without this process. Garlic reduces the ability of cancer cells to promote the growth of blood vessels.
- Increased rate of apoptosis Garlic is known to increase the rate of apoptosis. This is a process that helps normal cells die after a point, whereas cancer cells often avoid this process. Garlic consumption helps speed up the process.
Ginger and Garlic help boost your health in several ways, especially when it is fresh and uncooked. Other forms of Ginger and Garlic that are beneficial are Garlic powder, Garlic extract, Garlic essential oil, Garlic oil macerate, dried ginger, pickled ginger, candied Ginger. You must understand the best way to cook and prepare dishes with Ginger and Garlic for maximum benefits and must buy them fresh in grocery stores.
You don't need to eat a lot of garlic, but as minimum as one clove of Garlic each day can help reduce the risks of cancer.
You must not microwave ginger, garlic, as it destroys all their health benefits. Instead of that, you can consider sauting slightly, baking or steaming. While buying Garlic you must make sure that it is fresh. Signs that indicate that the Ginger or Garlic is fresh include:
- The outer skin is even colored with no dark or light patches
- Cloves are plump
- There are no green sprouts of leaves on the Garlic
- The head has a weight
- The Garlic is solid, and the head is very firm
- The Ginger does not smell as strong as when it is fresh
Ginger and Garlic are the best-known natural cancer-fighting agents. They must be consumed daily as a part of our meals to aid the production of cancer-fighting cells in our body.